What To Get Dad This Father’s Day
It’s that time of year again, and Father’s day is only around the corner, on the 7th of September to be exact. Get in early and find Dad something that he’ll love! We’ve put together some great finds for design enthusiasts for something a little different than the old undie and sock combo. We’ve got something for the tech Dad, luxe Dad and even the lazy Dad. You’re sure to find something that will thrill him this year!
1. BoConcept Cupertino Desk $1,399: Plug, hide, play and work. The Cupertino desk will have your dad swooning! It combines modern technology with the clean, simple lines and great function of Scandinavian design. This small working table features an integrated sound system, Bluetooth enabled speakers, compartments for easy cable management and hidden storage.
The Minimalist Pushpin Side Table + Stool $370: This one is a blown up version of the typical office drawing pin, creating a fun and iconic piece that’s multi-functional and easily moved around the house. The natural cork ‘Pushpin’ stool can be used both ways up; sit on the smaller surface or flip over to use as a coffee, bedside or side table.
3. Citta Design Diamond Print Bean Bag $119: For the young Dad at heart, the old school bean bag gets a face lift with this gorgeous diamond print upholstery fabric. Another multi-tasking piece, this bean bag can be used both indoors and outdoors. Bring it inside to watch telly, or take it outside and lay about next to the pool during the warmer months!
4. Beyond Furniture Sorano Leather Armchair $4,551: For something a little more luxe, why not buy Dad a soft buttery leather armchair that will last him for years. He’ll be thanking you for this one, with its clean minimalist design, slim proportions, classic quilted seat. Place it in an office, with your matching Sorano sofa in the living room, or perhaps even in the bedroom with your favourite side table.
5. Pop & Scott Garden Table from $2,100: I think we can all agree, our Dad’s like nothing more to do than sit outside, enjoying a nice brew while cooking a sausage or two over a BBQ. Get the whole family involved with this stunning Garden Table with steel loop legs and simple recycled Victorian Ash table top.
6. Planet Luxe Lemon Myrtle Hand Wash 500mL $25: This luxurious hand wash gets a masculine look with a black bottle design and simple white typography. Dad can “lave away the detritus of everyday life” with this lemon myrtle, Ylang Ylang and Kakadu plum hand wash. Also, this product has a new formula to ensure that the product does not clog the pump resulting in those occasional nasty spurts.
7. Lightly Assemblages Leather Shelves $198: Dad will have plenty of room to store and display his favourite memorabilia with the Lightly Assemblages leather shelves. Sold as a set of belts with screws and plugs and with the ability to hold up to 40kg, they can be set up anywhere in the house, from the garage (to store hardware and machinery) to the living room.
8. Country Road Dita Large Frame $69.95: You can’t go past the traditional photo frame as a present for any occasion. Place your favourite photograph or even artwork in this solid ashwood colour block frame and give it to Dad as a personal memento. It’s something he can keep forever at work in his office, bedroom or in the family living room.